Pre-care Instructions & Guidelines before Permanent Cosmetic Makeup Procedures
Please check the following with your doctor before having a permanent makeup procedure:
- Have diabetes and under doctor’s care
- Have been in remission from cancer for 1 year
- Have high blood pressure
- Using blood thinning prescriptions
- Have seborrheic dermatitis
The following facial procedures must be avoided 4 weeks before the permanent makeup procedure:
- No Botox or Chemical Peels of any kind. These include Glycolic, Pumpkin, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, Microdermabrasion, Laser Facials. Both ablative and non-ablative. Also included are Fraxel, Co2, and IPL laser treatments.
The following procedures must be avoided 1 week prior to a permanent makeup procedure:
- All blood thinners including Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Aspirin, Excedrin, Warfarin, Coumadin, Oil supplements such as Fish Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Primrose Oil.
- Antibiotics, Iron Supplements, and Magnesium all compromise the integrity of the skin and avoid Retin-A or any Strong skincare products.
- Any mood-altering drugs
- Please eat something 20-30 minutes prior to your appointment. This keeps your blood sugar steady and helps you to be more comfortable and less sensitive.
- Avoid any form of caffeine 2-3 hours prior to your appointment. Caffeine is a stimulant and will heighten your sensitivity.
- If you bruise easily, we recommend taking Arnica before the procedure and after. Arnica is available at most health food stores.
- If you are required to take antibiotics before dental procedures, please follow the same instructions from your doctor before your permanent cosmetic makeup procedure.
- No working out or alcohol within 24 hours of the procedure.
- Most people would agree that the eyebrows can make the most dramatic difference in complementing the face as a whole. The eyebrows play a vital role in creating facial symmetry. Professionally enhanced eyebrows can give the face a lift. Various concerns such as sparse, thin, or uneven eyebrows can be addressed without compromising a natural look.
- Eyebrows that flow with the natural bone structure balance the face. There are many celebrities whose beautifully shaped eyebrows frame their face perfectly and inspire women to take extra steps to enhance their own eyebrows.
- Natural hidden beauty lies within the eyebrows. We create beautiful eyebrows that flow with each person’s natural eyebrow bone structure.
- We take into consideration each person’s unique eyebrows.
- Why women want to enhance their eyebrows:
- Improve the arch
- Eyebrows are too thin
- Sparse eyebrows
- Uneven eyebrows
- Too short
- No eyebrows
- No shape
- Lift the ends
- One of the common mistakes made when enhancing the eyebrows is not taking into account both eyebrows. Many people have one eyebrow naturally higher than the other. We design and shape the eyebrow before the procedure and allow clients to look in the mirror to see if they are going to be able to adapt to the new look. We want to make sure that our client is satisfied with the new look.
- Men are looking to enhance their eyebrows for many of the same reasons women do. Naturally sparse eyebrows or uneven eyebrows.
- Permanent makeup can look aesthetically pleasing on men when done correctly but different from women’s eyebrows. A man’s eyebrows have a more natural look without the defined shape or higher arch that women’s eyebrows can have.
POPULAR EYEBROW STYLES
- POWDER LOOK
- A popular look for permanent makeup eyebrow is mimicking an eyebrow pencil or soft powders used for filling the eyebrows.
- A powdery effect can be created by placing a soft color over the eyebrow to add shape and definition.
- The powder look procedure can be used to fill in the eyebrows, add shape, thickness or make eyebrows for someone who has no eyebrow hair.
- HAIR SIMULATION aka MICROBLADING aka
- A natural effect can also be achieved through a permanent makeup application by creating individual ultra-fine hair strokes, simulating the eyebrow’s own natural hairs.
- For as long as we can remember, eyeliner has been used to bring attention to the eyes. There are different styles of eyeliner. These include everything from the everyday traditional to dramatic, but elegant eyeliner. Adding color around the eyes brightens and shows off the best feature on the face; the window to our soul.
- Eyeliner will usually keep its color longer than any other procedure because of the darker colors used.
- EYELINER STYLES:
- Traditional Eyeliner
- The most common style of eyeliner.
- It gracefully enhances the eyes with just a moderate amount of color.
- This gives the eye the more popular look of almond-shaped eyes.
- Thicker Eyeliner
- The thickness and placement of the eyeliner can give the illusion of eyes being bigger, smaller, or even a different shape.
- Bottom Eyeliner
- It is common for clients to have their eyeliner procedure done to request their bottom eyeliner applied as well. Upon request, bottom eyeliner can be drawn on thicker.
- Extended Eyeliner
- You can elongate the eye by extending the eyeliner just shortly past the eye.
- Traditional Eyeliner